Sunday, August 7, 2011

Finishing the Unfinished #2

This dated, mustard colored lamp was being thrown out by my neighbor and I thought I could salvage it and paint it into something interesting. Some people might think I destroyed a lovely vintage piece but in reality it was truly a horrible color and the palm trees looked like they were made out of some kind of plaster and then glued on.



Before

I'm not sure how I feel about the finished look, but it's an improvement on the old lamp and now a very unique piece. Perhaps, the shade is too much of a contrast. Is the chocolate too much? Should I replace it?

The picture is very poor quality - the blue of the lamp is actually darker than it appears and my walls are more coffee colored than the grey in the photo.

After

It is currently on a small entrance table and because it's quite large it overwhelms the space. Once I've purchased a more bigger sideboard then I think it will look good.

2 comments:

  1. I kinda liked the original but maybe up close it wasn't so nice! Having said that, I love the new version too - and seeing someone else's throwaways being turned into something new is great. Very creative - well done you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new color of the lamp! It's not so dated anymore. I like the black shade but I think a white one would really make it pop.

    ReplyDelete